Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sweet Disposition













A moment, a love, a dream, a laugh, a kiss, a cry, our rights, our wrongs...

I know this track is nothing new, but I had this one line on relentless repeat in my head throughout the 8.5 hours I spent at work tonight. It's an incredible song with just enough of every essential ingredient to keep it fresh and sweet to the ears no matter how many times I hear it. 

The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition (Music Video)




To make this post worthwhile rather than simply introspective I'll share a couple of remixes. The first is by Alan Wilkis who livens the original up with some extra percussion, a new groove and a bunch of synthesizers. It's not exactly a 'dance' remix, but it's a nice reinterpretation of the original. The second is a collaborative effort by renowned producers Axwell and Dirty South. It takes a relaxed approach with a gradual build that eventually climaxes almost five minutes into the song. It is produced extremely well and is more club oriented, but it's no banger. I almost think you could drop the original mix in a club and come away with a better result.


The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition (Alan Wilkis Remix) (Link removed by request)

The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South Remix) (Link removed by request)


Related Posts with Thumbnails