Friday, November 27, 2009

Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk


I first heard this track a few weeks ago and it didn't do anything for me. However, tonight at work I had a melody stuck on repeat in my head and I couldn't for the life of me think who it was. Then I realised... it was none other than the song I had disregarded as mediocre returning to haunt me, and upon re-listening I must admit - first impressions don't always last.

Two Door Cinema Club are a three piece indie / electro band from Ireland of all places. Their debut single 'I Can Talk' has just been released by Kitsune accompanied by a rather erratic video clip. 'I Can Talk' is an upbeat dance-a-thon that reminds me of 'A Weekend In The City' era Bloc Party with vocals reminiscent of a less melancholy Death Cab For Cutie. It's simple, it's fun, and it's catchy. But remember - be prepared to give it a second chance if the first listen doesn't tickle you in that special place.


Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk (Music Video)



Related Posts with Thumbnails