Saturday, November 21, 2009

Vampire Weekend - Cousins


Ever since Vampire Weekend kindly gifted us with 'Horchata' I have been closely following the progress of their much anticipated sophomore 'Contra'. They released the second song off Contra online this week - Cousins, supported by a music video, which leads me to assume this is the first official single.


Vampire Weekend - Cousins (Music Video)




They've notched up the BPM, and with it, the energy. But, I'm not totally convinced this is a good thing. It's more manic than anything off their self-titled debut mainly thanks to the unorthodox drum beat and the walking (more like a fast-jogging) bass line. It's still good, don't get me wrong, but it's not a track I would sit down and listen to. To me, it sounds like the theme music to those god-awful dreams where you're trying to run away from impending danger, but your body is moving in slow motion. It's frighteningly frantic, but that just might be what gets you off. 


Related Posts with Thumbnails