Monday, December 14, 2009

Delphic


I am genuinely miffed that Delphic succeeded in slipping under my radar for the best part of this year. These guys are something special, and although I don't want to jump to any brash conclusions, they may just rank as one of my favourite bands of 2009...

Delphic on all accounts appear to be a 3-piece that perform live as a 4-piece. They produce a dreamscape of electro/indie with delicately layered guitar parts (my favourite!), airy synthesizers, and disco beats. Their first single, 'Counterpoint', was released in April this year, followed by 'This Momentary' in August (which was released by scene trend-setter Kitsune) in August, and is probably my favourite song by them.. so far. 


Delphic - This Momentary




Their debut album 'Acolyte' is being released on the 11th of January (sooooo many good albums are coming out in January!). I personally cannot wait to hear what else these guys have up their sleeves. They've got to be one of the most underrated bands of 2009... However, I have an inkling this all may change come 2010. 


Delphic - Doubt (Live On Later Live... With Jools Holland




They're currently giving away four free tracks on their myspace - they're free, go get 'em! Grab the album in January, tell all your friends... actually don't tell all your friends that way you can be cooler than your friends by being a 'Delphic fan since aaaggeees ago' by the time everyone else catches on. Whatever you do, don't let these guys slip under your radar any longer... 
Related Posts with Thumbnails