Saturday, December 12, 2009

Yeasayer - Love Me Girl
















If I'm being completely honest, it's Saturday night / Sunday morning and I'm completely jaded... I've just got home from a night on the town in my city of birth, Wanganui, New Zealand. I was threatened by oversized brutes (but saved by karate cousins), and had the worst clubbing experience of my life. But, I'm glad to have made it out alive and to have new music to soothe me into the security of sleep... 

Yeasayer have released (perhaps unintentionally?) the second track from their forthcoming album into the blogosphere. The track is called 'Love Me Girl'... It's freakin' rad... it's dancey and experimental, and the vocal melody is surprisingly pop slightly reminiscent of the late MJ. It's everything you could wish for in this moment of pergatory between sobriety and intoxication...


Yeasayer - Love Me Girl (Download)




'Odd Blood' is shaping up to be one of my most anticipated releases of 2010.


Best enjoyed in a similar state... or whatever... Just enjoy it. 


Related Posts with Thumbnails